Friday, October 26, 2012

Business Cards and Boxes

I am incredibly lucky to have a very talented son, well two extremely talented sons,(that's the proud Mom talking!) but am talking about the eldest in this instance. He is a Software Designer and Developer by profession who is extremely talented in designing. He designed these fabulous business cards for me and I had them professionally printed and cut.


I was asked to place some in a couple of shops to assist their clients with invitation designing and making and had to quickly prepare a box to place them in. 

I used a sheet of double sided, patterned card and used both sides on the boxes. I kept to the colour scheme of my cards, which is my very favorite colours to go to, and lined the boxes with the reverse striped side of the paper and used the floral patterned side for the outsides.
 I painted the parts of the boxes that would be showing with a Hazelnut Paint Dauber and adhered the card with Modge Podge and gave it another coat when it was dry.
Then the fun side of it began. I die cut the Cameo out of coordinating card and my initial in a contrast and attached it to the back of the box so my initial showed above the cards. It was absolute coincidence that the initial die I had was an exact match to the font used on the cards. At the top of the cameo is a hole for hanging, but I used it to place a genuine Swarovsky crystal in for the touch of bling!
I used die cut leaves, organza ribbon, some lovely chain like cord, paper flowers and hot glue to attach them all to the bottom corner of the box.
Unfortunately, I did not take a photo of the reverse side of the card. It has my contact details and a brief description of what services I offer, beautifully designed!

I'm pleased with the outcome and am very happy to place them, with my amazing cards, any place where they are needed!

Thank you by boy!

6 comments:

  1. These will definitely attract the attention! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Moz and I wish you lots of success in attracting some more clients. I love the colours, seems so YOU! A very pretty design for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great designs for both the cards as well as the boxes. It is great that the box is themed to the cards, they go well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these cards definitely will attract the attention..that's what i want to design Metal business cards same like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards. So beautiful design. Thanks for sharing this adorable creation. I appreciate your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, these are amazing Moz. Just love them. That cameo die is stunning. hugs Shazi

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz