Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A 21st Card


My sister-in-law asked if I could make a 'special' 21st card for her only daughter. As I as given not 'brief' other than 'special' I used soft pretty olours with a striking accent - a rose!

It was a square card and the first layer of shimmery green card, I removed the inside and created a frame, which I Cuttlebuged with the Swiss Dots border folder. I placed an embossed piece of cream board in the middle. I bought (shame on me!) this, as it had the most delightful little roses on it. I then sewed either edge of the border and placed it onto the card. I did not sew it onto the card as the stitching would show at the back. Next step was the strip with the designer paper on. I first punched out the border using an EK punch. I then cut the dp to size and glued it onto this strip. The sentiment is computer generated and I tweeked the ink so that it resembled gold. I cut it out with the Labels Ten Nestie, cut a mount in the same green and attached it off centre onto the card. I cut the 21 out of old gold cs using my Cuttlebug Olivia Font dies and adhered it to the label.

Of course a card is not complete without a flourish and a flower, so out came my new TH Elegant Flourises die (love this die, now that I have learnt how to use it....lol) and distresses the flourish with Tea Rose and Victoria Velvet distress inks and placed it onto the card. The flower- hmm. I remembered how to make these lovely organza roses, so I went digging for the box that had all the organza and the patterns and had great fun setting the organza alight to get the burnt edges. The flower turned out perfectly, with a few seed beads sewn into the center. A few ribbon 'flourishes' behind the flower and all was complete. Into the centre of the card I placed the following verse:
We could not be prouder
for the entire world to see,
we’ve got the loveliest Daughter
that there could ever be.
Since the day that you were born
we’ve had this sense of pride
everyone can see it when you are by our side.
And on this special Birthday all we have to say,
is 'thank you' for all the happiness
you have sent our way.
Happy 21st Birthday

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely card Moz. I am sure the birthday girl will love it. It is special.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz